Thursday, January 2, 2014

Day Two: Presents for friends!























I had dinner with two friends/former co-workers tonight. Keeping my challenge in mind, I brought them some things I had picked up for them a while ago but never got around to giving them. My one friend collects old cookbooks so I had picked up a 1928 cookbook for her about two months ago and just never found the time to bring it to her. She also collects vintage mirrored vanity trays. I have to admit when I found this one, I decided to keep it even though my original intent was to hand it over. Before heading off to the restaurant, I convinced myself to give her the tray as well, even though I really liked it. When I saw how she reacted, I was glad I gave it to her. She thanked me several times and I could tell she loved it.

For my other friend, I had purchased five small Japanese paperbacks at the thrift store probably about 7 months ago. He's very interested in the culture and has learned the language, even living in Japan for a while, so I thought he might like the books. It was kind of one of those random purchases that afterwards I regretted, since my friend isn't in town very often and I didn't even know the books were about. I deduced from the pictures that one was about growing Bonsai trees, but I have no idea what the rest were about. Turns out he can't read very much Japanese, but he thanked me and said he would definitely enjoy looking through the books and that they were still "cool". :)

So there you go. Seven more items out of my house for a total of 68. Only 1,946 to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment