Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Day One: Success!

It's Day One of my challenge and thanks to the fact that I am a big, fat cheater and already got started, I am already up to #61. Yay!
So far I have said good-bye to:
1. ceramic elephant planter
2. 1960's metal cake carrier
3-19. various pieces of junk jewelry
20. small touch lamp
21. globe bookends




















22-27. books
28. red bead necklace
29. white plastic necklace
30. red apple necklace
31. clip-on earrings, blue flowers
32. wooden Jamaica souvenir box
33. antique metal compact
34. panda bear ear buds
35. cherry applique
36. faux bois jewelry box




















37. plastic rose pattern tray
38. metal mail basket
39. Smurf drinking glass
40. "Now 24" CD
41. orange melamine bowl
42. glass angel candle holder
43. metal file box
44. framed embroidery of birds and flowers
45. kids book "the Barking Cat"
46. desserts cookbook
47. old stationary tin with birds and flowers decal
48-58. things I threw away: old slip with torn lace, outdated calendar, old nail polish, rancid lip gloss, ring with a band bent beyond repair, and another ring with chipped enamel, turquoise spray-on hair color, bright blue spray-on hair color, dirty (as in would-make-Miley-blush-dirt) book, and another book that I spilled diet root beer on.
59-61. I returned to my parents three mason jars that no longer contained their homemade salsa and dilly beans.

So there you have it...61 unnecessary items I am eliminating from my house. This feels good! It was actually quite fun digging around for forgotten junk to get rid of. It's easy right now to throw stuff in the box. The junk I don't want is still very plentiful. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment